In a 3-2-5 system deployed by Mikel Arteta on Monday night, when Arsenal FC travelled to face Crystal Palace at the Selhurst Park saw Ghana international Thomas Partey excel.
The 29-year-old old midfielder despite playing as a right-back, was utilised as an inverted midfielder alongside Declan Rice in an attacking and possession football.
Partey’s exceptional performance inspired Arteta’s side harvest a narrow 1-0 victory, following Martin Odegaard’s lone goal in the second. The former Real Madrid attacking midfielder converted a goal from the spot after Eddie Nketiah was brought down by goalkeeper Sam Johnstone.
The Black Stars midfielder played 90′ minutes of their 2023-24 English Premier league game, playing both matches as a starter.
See elite performance of Thomas Partey.
– 7/7 duels won
– 3/3 tackles won
– 4/6 accurate long balls
– 1/1 successful dribbles
– 7 passes into final third
– 6 recoveries
– 2 fouls won
– 1 chance created
Meanwhile, Partey’s compatriot Jordan Ayew was on the losing side, as he commanded a starting berth for manager Roy Hodgson side.
Story Kolog Bonaventure
- Osman Bukari disappointed with Red Star Belgrade Champions league defeat to Manchester City
- JUST IN: James Akwasi Appiah appointed head coach of Sudan national team
- WAFCON Qualifier: Black Queens coach Nora Häuptle optimistic of win over Rwanda
- 2023 GFA Elections: Extraordinary Congress session postponed to October 5